Monthly Archives: July 2015
Finally I’ve found the necessary time to make a completely new version of theXifer.net, my web based EXIF Editor to edit the EXIF Metadata of any JPG or TIFF files.
Some years ago I’ve decided to make this tool because many Analog pictures were scanned and published online and they does not contains EXIF metadata or contains wrong information like the scanner that have acquired the Film instead of the real Camera Model.
I like to keep ordered my archive and to filter it by the equipment that I used to take pictures and I like to publish pictures on Flickr with the right EXIF metadata so I think that theXifer.net can be a useful help.
Moreover by making website I’ve noticed that pictures with right metadata informations get a better indexing from the Search Engines and many people are use to edit them for the web.
This new version of the tool does not only support the editing via upload but it’s linked with three big Cloud Services:
- Google Drive
This means that, if you like, you don’t have to upload the picture from your local PC, edit it and then download it modified with your changes; you can directly link your Flickr, Dropbox & Google Drive account to made a live editing of your photos.
Below you can find the “What’s New” of the biggest changes:
- theXifer.net is now Bootstrap & Jquery powered;
- I’ve “finally” leaved out the mandatory Flash Player for the image’s upload;
- Exiftool updated to the latest version;
- Mobile and tabled optimization, so you can use it with this kind of devices;
- No more renames of your files;
- The user can upload multiple files and choose if edit them one by one or all together
- Much more larger equipment database for Camera and Lens suggestions;
For the next step I’ve planned to make a screencast that shows the features of this tool.
Please check it out on theXifer.net – Just a Web Based Exif Editor for Flickr, Dropbox & Google Drive
~ Andrea ~